Beef and Guinness Pie brings together two of Ireland’s most famous products, beef and Guinness in a hale and hearty pie. The long-slow cooking of the filling creates not just perfectly tender beef, it also allows the flavor of the Guinness to permeate the meat and the vegetables and produce a thick, luscious sauce.
- 1 diced Onion
- 1 clove Crushed Garlic
- 2 peeled and dice Potatoes
- 800 g Diced Chuck or Blade
- 10 sliced Mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp Tomato paste
- Sweat onion and garlic till soft
- Add beef and diced potatoes and brown
- Add ½ cup of salted water and simmer covered for ½ hour
- Add Guinness and simmer with lid off for up to 45 minutes
- When liquid has reduced by half stir in the tomato paste and add mushrooms
- Spoon mix into four individual ceramic oven proof dishes.
- Cover bowls with a layer of puff pastry and fold and press over the sides
- Bake on 200°C for about 15 minutes or till tops are golden brown.
- Serve with a creamy mash and steamed seasonal greens.