You just can’t beat a fresh, spicy salad such as this on a hot summer’s day. This aromatic Asian salad combines lemony-flavoured coriander leaves with refreshing mint and beef. This salad can also be served on its own or as part of a Thai banquet.
- 350 g Thinly sliced rump or rib fillet
- 1 tsp Ginger
- ½ cup Coriander
- 1 juice and zest of Lime
- 100 mLs Sweet chilli sauce
- 50 mLs Kecap manis (Sweet Soy)
- 2 finely sliced Shallots
- 1 tsp Sambal olek
- 1 ½ Tbsps Sesame oil
- Mix the above ingredients and marinate for one hour.
- Pour 1 ½ tablespoons of sesame oil into a hot wok.
- Add beef and stir fry till cooked. Keep it moving to prevent it from sticking and burning.
- Place delicately on a salad of shredded Wombok, crispy noodles, crushed cashews and thinly sliced crisp red capsicum.
- Use the wok juices to dress the salad.
- Serve immediately.